Sunday, December 9, 2018

WEEKLY UPDATE FOR OUR MUSIC FANS!

Earlier today, Siobhan and I took a ride to Hall, NY, and stopped at the New Hall Diner to luxuriate in one of Tamarie’s many outstanding delicious breakfasts. The New Hall Diner brings you back to a time when life was simpler, a place we should try to reach sometimes. If you go there, leave your cell phone or tablet in the car; those messages aren’t going anywhere. As I sat enjoying a tasty omelet composed of ingredients that came from all the local farms, I listened to the soothing hum of conversations pervading the room and the oldies from one of the local AM radio stations. The total peace I felt was only enhanced by the satisfaction I experienced from the shows Siobhan and I played the previous two nights.
Rylie J’s, a place which has been home for Siobhan and me on the first Friday of every month for about eight or nine years now, was, as always, buzzing with the chatter of the regulars. Like most happy hours, Rylie J’s is no different when it comes to having your music affirmed. Occasional applause, several thumbs up, and a few smiles and nods sum up the acceptance of your efforts. So, thanks to all you regulars who show up religiously every month to support our music! Thanks to Perry Cleaveland, one of our favorite sidemen, for lighting up our show with his mandolins, fiddle, and harmony! Thanks to Pat and Amy McGhan, the owners, for their continuous support of our music, and thanks to Roachie, one of the most supportive bartenders I have ever met!
One of the best skills I have learned in life is how to monitor and adjust. Most of what I do is planned, but like the quarterback who calls an audible at the line, I am ready to change my plan when the situation calls for it. This happened for us at Jack Quinn’s Irish Pub last night. We started playing our show, and I noticed we had a lot of talent in the audience. So, throughout the evening, we invited some folks to join us or to play a few tunes. It turned into a real party, and we had a blast! Thanks to Margie Hastings, Ray McHargue, Sharon McHargue, and Charlie for adding some great sounds to our evening and turning the night into some “good silly fun!” Thanks to everyone who was there to share in the fun with us and thanks to Dan and Janet for having us play.
Still reading? If so, Thanks for being in our lives, have a great holiday season, and be ready to monitor and adjust! It’s an important strategy to employ during this season of both great joy and stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment