Tuesday, March 22, 2022

RELEASED TODAY ON ALL THE MAJOR STREAMING PLATFORMS!

“Sometimes It’s Never Over,” our newest song, is being released on all the major streaming platforms today.

It’s a song depicting the harmful impact words can have on us.  These words, often painfully true, leave an indelible impression, and we are destined to live with the anguish from them forever.  Siobhan and I recorded this one with a piano, guitar, harmonica, and bass.

Here are the lyrics:

Verse 1

We sat out on the back deck in the quiet of twilight

Watching as the sun slowly set and the day slipped into night

The summer air was so oppressive, but not as heavy as our hearts

The sad sound of a mourning dove hinted soon we'd be apart

Chorus:

They say nothing last forever, and I wish that this was so

But sometimes it's never over, 'cause we just cannot let go

Verse 2

We looked off into the distance, neither uttering a word

Truth had come to visit us, and he wanted to be heard

"Is there something I can do?" she sat still and did not speak

Then I saw her body start to shake, and the tears rolled down her cheeks

"I can't take the way they look at you with such pity in their eyes

I am not strong enough for this; so, I have to say goodbye."

Chorus:

Instrumental Break

Verse 3

As I sit here in this tavern, staring down into my beer

I am thinking of her final words; it's been over forty years

Though I do not want to think of them, they just still invade my mind

Just like a life-long affliction, they will stay with me through time

Chorus

https://open.spotify.com/track/3SzsonZz1mFbUfO8jzW7IU?si=d6db73a9da254bc0

(Not a Spotify member?  Free accounts are available.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment