Tuesday, April 26, 2022

GRATEFUL TO THE BAND

I have  been a fan of The Band since the late 1960s.

MUSIC FROM BIG PINK, the group’s debut album recorded IN 1968,,was recorded in Saugerties, NY, my home town.

Members of the quintet were as follows: Robbie Robertson, Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Richard Manual, and Garth Hudson.

Favorite songs from the album:  The Weight, Long Black Veil, I Shall Be Released.

The songs were recorded in the basement of a house with pink siding.

Unfortunately, I never met any members of the group, and I  have never been to Big Pink.  The group’s music, however, encouraged me to start learning to play guitar, which took me down a road I never would have imagined, and I am eternally grateful for this.  So, that’s what MUSIC FROM BIG PINK did for me.

Here are some of my favorite songs of The Band  (not all from MUSIC FROM BIG PINK): Up on Cripple Creek, Atlantic City, The Weight, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, I Shall Be Released, It Makes No Difference, Country Boy, Four Strong Winds, The Shape I'm In, Life Is a Carnival, Twilight, Acadian Driftwood, Stage Fright, and Ophelia.  Enjoy!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3wOWmHmoi2IdPGgn5hLqEl?si=115d8daef6094f35

 

(Not a member of Spotify?  Free accounts are available.)  

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment